Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I never thought I'd say this, but...

I MISS ROBARTS LIBRARY!!

Honestly, the LSE library has become the bane of my existence. Reasons include:
1. Postgrads are only allowed to take out 20 books at a time. This is problematic when you have three essays plus a dissertation on the go.
2. The "innovative" staircase is a pain in the ass. The steps are so wide apart that I feel like a one-legged pirate using the stairs. (ok, so I stole that comment from a Facebook group about the LSE library, but that only shows how bad it is!!)
3. The fines are exorbitant! I had a lot of books out (no more than 20, obviously), and didn't realize that one of the books I took out was a one-day loan. So I returned it this morning (so less than 12 hours late), and what was my fine? SEVEN POUNDS FIFTY!! That's like $13.50 with our current exchange rate!!

I hate the library. Ick.

1 comment:

Deb G. said...

Christ! That's ridiculous! I've been complaining like hell about the U of T library system (and working at a library... it's becoming remarkably unpleasant), but that's waaay worse. To make someone miss Robarts? Scary.